Performer: The Velvet Underground & Nico
Title: The Velvet Underground & Nico
Catalog Number: V-5008
Label: Verve Records
Style: Garage Rock, Art Rock, Experimental, Psychedelic Rock
|1||All Tomorrow's Parties||5:55|
|2||The Black Angel's Death Song|
Written-By – John Cale, Lou Reed
Producer – Tom Wilson
|5||Venus In Furs||5:07|
|6||I'm Waiting For The Man||4:37|
|7||There She Goes Again||2:30|
|9||Run Run Run||4:18|
Written-By – John Cale, Lou Reed, Maureen Tucker, Sterling Morrison
|11||I'll Be Your Mirror||2:01|
- Arranged By – The Velvet Underground
- Design [Cover] – Acy R. Lehman
- Edited By, Mixed By [Remixed] – David Greene, Gene Radice
- Engineer [Director] – Val Valentin
- Engineer [Recording] – Omi Haden
- Lead Guitar, Guitar [Ostrich], Vocals [Vocal] – Lou Reed
- Painting [Cover Painting Banana] – Andy Warhol
- Percussion – Maureen Tucker
- Photography By [Color Show Photo] – Hugo
- Photography By [Liner Photos By] – Billy Linich, Nat Finkelstein
- Photography By [Portraits] – Paul Morrissey
- Producer – Andy Warhol (tracks: A2 to B5)
- Rhythm Guitar, Bass Guitar – Sterling Morrison
- Supervised By [Edited And Remixed Under The Supervision Of] – Tom Wilson
- Viola [Electric], Piano, Bass Guitar – John Cale
- Vocals [Chanteuse] – Nico
- Written-By – Lou Reed (tracks: A1 to B3)
Gatefold cover with banana sticker. First pressing with Emerson torso image upside down on the back cover.
East Coast pressing with labels giving "Side 1" and "Side 2" instead of "Side A" and "Side B", 1.25" pressing ring diameter instead deep groove 2.75" pressing ring diameter, credit Reed-Cale-Morrison-Tucker instead L.Reed-J. Cale-S. Morrison-M. Tucker.
"Three Prong Music. All Selections BMI"
"MGM RECORDS - A DIVISION OF METRO-GOLDWYN-MAYER, INC. - Made in U.S.A."
Block-shaped 'S' engraved in the deadwax and the label fonts indicate a pressing by MGM Record Manufacturing Division, Bloomfield, New Jersey.
®© Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Inc./Printed in U.S.A.
The actor Eric Emerson, protagonist of some multimedia films projected behind the group during the EPI, filed a lawsuit against the record label for the non-payment of the rights regarding his image that can be seen upside down on the back cover on this version. So between March and April 1967 the album was suddenly withdrawn from trade and shops. After a few months, the album was redistributed in a few copies with a huge sticker that covered the top of the offending photo and that you can see here The Velvet Underground & Nico - The Velvet Underground & Nico.
- Rights Society: BMI
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout etched, variant 1 & 2): V5008 side 1 MG 558 Rev
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout etched, variant 1 & 2): V5008 SIDe 2 MG 559
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout stamped, variant 1): 15, block-shaped "S"
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout stamped, variant 1): 12, symbol [see photo]
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout stamped, variant 2): 12, block-shaped "S"
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout stamped, variant 2): 11, symbol [see photo]
- Matrix / Runout (Side A label): MG-558
- Matrix / Runout (Side B label): MG-559
- Record Company – MGM Records
- Copyright (c) – Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Inc.
- Published By – Three Prong Music
- Recorded At – T.T.G. Studios
- Manufactured By – MGM Records Division
- Pressed By – MGM Record Manufacturing Division